And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Saturday, October 13, 2007

When did we start thinking about having another baby?

Mommy had been longing for a second little one to join our family for so many years, probably since I can ever remember. When I was a little girl, I just loved playing with dolls and pretending like I was a mommy and whenever I played house I would always have two little babies to look after. When Benz turned 2 years old, I started thinking about expanding our family. Your Daddy wasn’t on board with a second child back then, since he felt like Benz was plenty enough work already and now, looking back on it, I’d have to say I agree.

Back in 2005 when the very thought of you was just coming to fruition, Benz was struggling with his speech and was nearly 18 months away from potty training, not to mention that we were just beginning to recover from 9 months of no sleep; so we felt like we needed to put all of our time and energy into moving Benz in the right direction, finding the right services to help him, etc. Also, Mommy put a lot of time and energy into getting her body back by working out and eating well; it eventually paid off and I lost almost 100 pounds since being pregnant with Benz! And amongst all of these changes, Mommy started working at Oxford Athletic Club in the supervised play area and then moved on to working lots more hours and getting several promotions.
A year went by and I didn’t give up, bringing up the idea over and over again of baby #2 to your Daddy. Both sets of your grandparents starting wanting another grandchild, so that helped push us to think harder about making Benz a big brother. Also, by summer of 2007, Benz had been working so hard on his speech and also woke up a few months ago and decided he wanted to wear big boy underwear! So we have the potty training thing under our belt as well as feeling financially stable and more settled, so the time to think about creating you was really impending.


No comments: