10/16/07-- So Daddy headed back to work and Mommy of course called her best friends, Traci and Julia, who have been on this journey with me the entire time. I think they both had tears in their eyes, as their voices sounded pretty shaky. They were so sincerely happy for me, which made this day feel even more special! I gathered all of my stuff for work and headed over to Oxford for the first day of a new swim session. I called your Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Meynier and spilled the beans. I just couldn’t hold it in any more! They were super excited and made me promise to take it easy. I promised as long as they promised not to tell Gma & Gpa P.
I told my co-workers: Tasha, Sara, Kendall, Eryn, Natalia, Linda & Enid as well as my boss about this exciting news of mine! They were all so very happy for me and Angie and I joked how convenient my timing was, being that you are expected around the very first day of the summer swim session, our busiest season of the year! I was so hungry throughout the evening, one of the very first signs that you were growing inside of me. When I got home, your brother was asleep in bed. I thought about waking him up to share this amazing news with him, but decided to wait until the morning since we all had a pretty exhausting day.
10/17/07-- I hardly slept a wink last night, thinking about all of the ways my life would change between now and when you’d join us in our happy home. I was thinking about your future nursery, how to tell both sets of your grandparents in a special way, etc. I woke Benz up today and told him that I had the best surprise in the world for him. [BACKGROUND INFO: He had known for a little while that we were trying to make him a big brother and he has been asking me over the last few months if "baby Mama tummy?" and each time I'd tell, "Not yet, angel boy." And he would put a very serious face on and say "Oh...one minute?" I'd laugh each and every time and tell him "Well it might take a little longer than that."] He was anxiously waiting to see what I would say, so I told him that I had a baby growing inside of my tummy and that he would be a big brother. He seemed to understand and nodded. Later in the day, I asked him where our baby was and he said “baby Mama tummy.” Then he leaned down and gave you a kiss! Before his nap this afternoon, he told me “I wuv you” and pointed to me and then at my tummy and said “I wuv you too, baby.” I can’t wait for you to meet him. He is such a loving little guy.
If it was up to me, I’d announce you to the entire world, get up on a rooftop and scream out the good news! But Daddy wants to wait a few more weeks to be sure things are safe to tell extended family, his co-workers etc. Mommy's best friend in Boston (your Uncle Brandon) called me to chat and I just blurted it out. I wanted to wait until I’d see him in person in 2 weeks, but just couldn’t contain myself! And I can’t wait to tell my parents in person….just 13 more days and counting!10/20/07-- We met your Gma & Gpa Brawley at Laurelhurst Public House & Brewery for dinner tonight. Benz & I snuck away to the restroom as they were seated at the table and then we came back. Benz was wearing his “I’m gonna be a big brother” t-shirt and Grandma and Grandpa B. smiled and said “Congratulations!” and seemed pretty excited to be grandparents again. We were talking about changing Babe’s exercise room into your nursery and where we would store everything. We went back to their house for dessert. Gma B. put a candle in the angel food cake and we sang “Happy Brotherhood to Benz” and he made a wish and blew out the candle. It was so very cute:)
10/21/07--Told my co-worker and fellow Bible school teacher, Jenelle. She didn't seem the least bit surprised and told me "I knew it. See I told you so." It was funny now that I think about it. Last Sunday at Bible school we had the kids go around during circle time and share who is part of their families at home. When it was Benz's turn, he said Mama, Babe, me and baby. I laughed and said "no, not yet." Jenelle smiled and said maybe he knows something we don't:) So she seemed to have it all figured out by the time I told her and she matter-of-factly said it would be a boy too...we'll see!


No comments:
Post a Comment