And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is that REALLY a pink line????!!!!

I kept hoping to get a sign this month, but didn’t feel any early pregnancy symptoms like I had when I was pregnant with your big brother. I took the first pregnancy test on the morning of Oct. 12th and it was negative, as was the next 6 of them!! By Mon. October 15th, I was getting depressed, wondering if we still had the energy to try again next month. We made caramel apples that night and Daddy & I snuggled; he was trying to console me. I woke up the next morning and figured what’s the harm in taking just one more test, as I had bought them in bulk anyways! So I took one on Tues morning (Oct 16th ) and to my surprise, I noticed a super faint pink line. Just like with Benz, it was so faint that I kept asking myself if it was really there or if I was making it up in my mind! I was so anxious and nervous….so I took another test with my same first morning specimen and sure enough the exact same line came up on the second test. Hmmmm, I thought…..could it be??? I had hoped and dreamed of this day for so many years. Could this be it, was it hitting me? No, I better not get my hopes up; I’d hate to be let down. It’s probably not a pink line. But maybe it is???

As you can tell, by mid-morning I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out if today was the big day. So I got dressed for work, got Benz ready to go and then dropped him off at school. On the way home, I made a spontaneous stop at Walgreens and picked up a digital pregnancy test (for almost $20)! Since this one is idiot proof and actually SPELLS out the words PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT, I figured it would be worth the money for the piece of mind it could bring me. I brought it back home and waited for the answer to register. Daddy was home for lunch as usual and I started making lunch for myself, all the while the test was processing on the kitchen counter . There was a little hourglass icon which told me it was thinking, meaning I must wait. It probably took a little over a minute but felt like an hour! I casually glanced over at it, and to my surprise I read the most beautiful word in all the world….PREGNANT! I rushed over to Daddy and slapped it down on the computer desk. He couldn’t believe it either, but could tell how happy and excited I was by the permanent grin on my face (that lasted for at least 30 minutes)!! We were both in shock, I think, and could hardly process that all of our dreams were just beginning to come true. I hopped on the computer and typed in the first day of my last period (Sept. 19th) and calculated that I will be able to hold you, my precious baby, in my arms around June 24, 2008!

No comments: