
So I have to say, it has been quite a LONG summer for us, even though it's hard to figure out how Boston is now 11 weeks old! Lots of things made for this to be a summer we'll never forget: my parents coming here to visit, Matt &
I's birthdays and 6
th wedding anniversary, our visit back home to New Orleans, Matt's trip to
Las Vegas,
Hurrican Gustav, our fun times at the Clark County fair and on Blue Lake, and most memorable, of course, was Boston joining our
Brawley Bunch! So now it's time to look forward to the cooler weather and some of our favorite autumn events (like swimming lessons, a trip to the pumpkin patch, Matt's beloved return of the Trailblazer & U of O football games, and Halloween). We were all pretty thrilled when Benz headed back for his last year of preschool at
VECC on Thursday, 9/4! He was itching to go back and I must admit, I am looking forward to a little alone time with Boston and the chance to get some things done around the house, such as
scrapbooking and organizing the garage. And before I know it, I will be heading back to work at Oxford as the director for the swim program, hoping to ease right in and pick up where I left off. I am blessed to have such a flexible job that allows me to make my own schedule and work from home.
Inquiring minds might want an update on the baby, so here it is... Boston is a pretty easy baby. He still would eat around the clock if I let him! He's starting to form a great sleeping pattern (goes down around 11pm, gets up for a snack around 4-5am and goes back down until around 9am). I plan on moving his
bassinet from our room to his nursery by the end of the week if he continues to be such a sleeping superstar! He is starting to form such a cute personality and even though he does his fair share of crying, he does much more smiling and laughing and puts up with lots of pokes and prods from his big bro! He's growing bigger every second and is now into 3-6 month clothes! He's trying to hold his head up on his own and likes to "talk" back to us when we make silly faces at him.
A few more fun things on the horizon include our big trip back home to New Orleans in December. We'll be celebrating Benz's 5th birthday, Christmas and Boston will be getting baptized. Even Gma & Gpa B. plan to come down for the big events!
No comments:
Post a Comment