This room has been a long time coming. It feels so amazing to have it done and off of my mind! It has been a vision in my head for quite a while but to finally put all of the pieces together has been rewarding and relieving. As you can see, Baby Brawley will be surrounded by a sailboat or nautical theme in his new nursery. Matt & I started many weeks ago gradually taking down his collectibles and storing them. Then he moved down the heavy equipment and we've been selling some of it on Craigslist. Then we had to patch the walls and prep it for painting. This past Sunday we painted it for 6+ hours! Everyone was tired and sore by the time it was done, but the end result is really beautiful. After buying 4 different sample paints, I decided on this color and it is just perfect!!! It is a very calming baby blue that reminds me of the sky or water, which ties in perfectly with the theme! I have been collecting things from stores all around the area to hang on the walls and ordered the crib set from Ebay. Our parents helped out with the antique dressers. I even have all of the clothes hanging in the closet and socks, shoes, bibs and blankies in the dresser drawers! The only thing we are waiting on is hanging the white wooden letters on the wall above the crib. Since we're keeping his name a secret, you'll have to wait to see the update on that one!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Baby Brawley's New Room...
This room has been a long time coming. It feels so amazing to have it done and off of my mind! It has been a vision in my head for quite a while but to finally put all of the pieces together has been rewarding and relieving. As you can see, Baby Brawley will be surrounded by a sailboat or nautical theme in his new nursery. Matt & I started many weeks ago gradually taking down his collectibles and storing them. Then he moved down the heavy equipment and we've been selling some of it on Craigslist. Then we had to patch the walls and prep it for painting. This past Sunday we painted it for 6+ hours! Everyone was tired and sore by the time it was done, but the end result is really beautiful. After buying 4 different sample paints, I decided on this color and it is just perfect!!! It is a very calming baby blue that reminds me of the sky or water, which ties in perfectly with the theme! I have been collecting things from stores all around the area to hang on the walls and ordered the crib set from Ebay. Our parents helped out with the antique dressers. I even have all of the clothes hanging in the closet and socks, shoes, bibs and blankies in the dresser drawers! The only thing we are waiting on is hanging the white wooden letters on the wall above the crib. Since we're keeping his name a secret, you'll have to wait to see the update on that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Mel,
The room looks GREAT! It looks like a totally different room. I love the nautical theme. It is so cute. Everything matches so well...so coordinated. The pale blue color looks just like ours. And I also love the decorations on the closet doors. It is so well done, so professional.
Last night or the night before I read all the cute writeups and saw all the cute photos you put on the blog from your recent visit. Everything was precious and you really are such a good writer.....always have been.
Now that the room is 95% finished, try to slow down a little and enjoy the fact that it is so close to completion. It is really looking good.....almost as good as seeing it in person.....which won't be too long now. I can't wait!
Love,
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment