And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome to the world, Sweet Caroline! I'm finally Auntie Melanie!




I am about the proudest Auntie in the entire world as I type this! My brother, Mike, and sister-in-law, Lys, welcomed their first little one into our family on July 2nd! Caroline was about 2 weeks early but still weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces. She is just precious and I've already had several people say she resembles her beautiful aunt:) She has had a few bumps in only the few days she has been with us and continues to have some breathing problems. She is making progress in the ICU and we are hoping she is able to go home any day now but please send up your thoughts and prayers for her quick & painless recovery. Just looking at my brother hold his daughter brings tears to my eyes. He looks like such a proud father and she looks so content in his arms; they have both had such an eventful time with unexpected issues arising yet they remain so steadfast and calm; I am proud of their courage under fire and their determination to have the best medical staff assist her. We have never been super close growing up & certainly had our fair share of growing pains. But as we have matured into young adults, even though we've taken very different paths and live clear across the country from each other, we have grown to appreciate each other's differences and embrace the fact that we are from the same wonderfully loving family & I know we both consider ourselves richly blessed for that. And I think we will now grow closer as we have now experienced the joy of parenthood and will discover the journey of raising children together. They have asked me to be Caroline's godmother and I am honored to help guide her on a spiritual path in God's ways. I am looking forward to September when I can hold her & spoil her in person when I fly down to Atlanta for the Christening!

No comments: