The Portland/Vancouver area was hit with one of the WORST snowstorms in recorded history while we were enjoying the sunny weather New Orleans had to offer this Christmas. Lots of my friends were stick indoors with their kids for over a week...can't say I was sorry we missed out on that! But Benz was disappointed in missing the chance to build a snowman and play in the white powder. So God was kind enough to sprinkle a few inches in our neighborhood on Jan 27th. Even though his preschool bus couldn't make it here and school was canceled for the day, Benz was thrilled with being able to play in the snow for a few hours while Boston was napping. For any of you that know me, growing up down South, I am not the biggest fan of the snow. I love watching it from inside while sipping on some hot chocolate but I HATE driving in it!! This turned out just perfect since by the evening everything was almost fully melted and we escaped the prospect of cabin fever!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Walking in a Winter Wonderland!
The Portland/Vancouver area was hit with one of the WORST snowstorms in recorded history while we were enjoying the sunny weather New Orleans had to offer this Christmas. Lots of my friends were stick indoors with their kids for over a week...can't say I was sorry we missed out on that! But Benz was disappointed in missing the chance to build a snowman and play in the white powder. So God was kind enough to sprinkle a few inches in our neighborhood on Jan 27th. Even though his preschool bus couldn't make it here and school was canceled for the day, Benz was thrilled with being able to play in the snow for a few hours while Boston was napping. For any of you that know me, growing up down South, I am not the biggest fan of the snow. I love watching it from inside while sipping on some hot chocolate but I HATE driving in it!! This turned out just perfect since by the evening everything was almost fully melted and we escaped the prospect of cabin fever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment