And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy, Happy 5th Birthday, Benzie Boy!






I can't quite put my finger on the reason, but Benz turning 5 is a hard age for me to cope with! I've gotten through 1-4 but 5 just really hit me hard! He's no longer a baby or a toddler but a big boy who will be heading off to Kindergarten this fall! Where has the time gone?? I can account for about 2 years of his life but the rest has gone by so quickly it's almost a blur! Seems just like yesterday I was rocking him in the hospital or holding his hand as he was learning to walk. At least I take comfort in the fact that he asks to snuggle with me and does not yet mind if I kiss him and tell him I love him in public:)

We've been celebrating Benz's 5th birthday for a few weeks now! Starting with the pool party on 12/6, a sing-a-long and candle hat at school and other presents that trickled in in between. On his actual birthday, December 23rd, Gma & Gpa P., Gma & Gpa B., Babe, Mama, Boston and Great Gma M. headed over to play indoor miniature glow golf at Clearview Mall. The boys played while the gals watched and chatted. We followed this up with a yummy lunch at Zea's Rotisserie. It was so nice to have everyone gathered together. Then we went back to Gma & Gpa P.'s house for a mini party, complete with delicious king cake (per Benz's request) and a Haydel's birthday cake. Benz enjoyed blowing out the candles and opening up lots of presents....like a VTech smart book, a Fireman Sam DVD, a Tonka Bounceback Racer, a Leapster game and a chef's apron & hat. And before we knew it, the boys were headed off to the Hornets vs. Lakers game in New Orleans, courtesy of Gpa. P. A week or so later, Great Gma M. took him to have beignets at Lakeside Mall and he got to build a bear! He chose a puppy and names it Popcorn and dressed him in a policeman outfit. What a great end to a wonderful birthday for my Benzie boo-boo!

No comments: