And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Getting to know you...my heart belongs to Boston


It has been so fun getting to know you over the past 12 days! We are really starting to see your temperament and your likes and dislikes. My nickname for you is “pumpkin pie.” You have been smiling and making little giggly noises from almost day one. In fact, we have a picture of me holding you when we were still in the OR and you had a big smile on your face! You absolutely hate getting your diaper changed and always get all worked up into a screaming fit whenever we change you. As soon as you are done, you calm down again and everything is peachy keen. You have been such a relaxed baby with a calming, soothing effect. You have been sleeping well; I nurse you, change your diaper, wrap you up all snug in the miracle blanket and then we usually go down around midnight and you wake up again around 3am. I change your diaper again, nurse you and then we’re off to dreamland again for about another 3 hours. By this time, it’s about time for breakfast so we nap for a little bit and then get up for the day. You take lots of naps throughout the day am I’m lucky to get one if I can squeeze it in.



Even though you don’t like to get undressed, you LOVE to eat! Grandma P. started saying that you have a bird mouth because you always seem to have your little mouth and tongue moving and smacking (just like a baby bird hoping for a worm), looking for more food, even right after I nurse you! And when I get you to latch on, you have a suction like a Hoover vac that almost throws me back, but luckily you then let up as the feeding progresses. You just found your thumb and seem to like sucking on it every now and then. You have a little tiny blister on your upper lip; I think it’s from you sucking your thumb in utero. And you also seem to get the hiccups about once a day after eating. (Grandma P. and I discovered you doing this the night before you were born when I put her hand on my tummy).



One main difference between your first few days of life compared to your brother is that we don’t tiptoe around when you are sleeping. We are trying to get you use to loud noises since they are bound to happen around our house with Benz around! You’ve done so well so far since I think you’re used to hearing all of his screaming from when you were inside of me. You do tend to flinch or jump when you hear the microwave door close, but you have slept through most of our car rides, vacuuming and just about anything else! And I just love the little noises and sighs you make when you’re asleep. And it’s too cute to watch you crinkle up your forehead and see how it wrinkles when you have a bad dream. Your Daddy and I feel so very blessed to have you in our lives. Benz has been so high strung, loud and busy lately that it is nice to have a baby that sleeps through just about anything and is just so precious and calm. Grandma P. put it perfectly: “The angels sent Boston down to help calm your family.”

1 comment:

Lala said...

Congratulation on you new bundle! I don't know you, but I've been checking in on you all occasionally to see how you all are doing. I call my son Pumkin' Pie too, that is so funny. When I read that I decided to comment and let you know I wish you all the best. I am from Wa. but now I'm in Ca. My mom lives in Centralia, Wa. My name is Lisa and this is my blog so I dont feel like such a snoop...http://mamalalacosmogirl.blogspot.com/