My beloved friend, Traci, whom we met while taking our childbirth classes for Benz, has been kind and generous enough to throw me a baby shower! She is planning it for Sunday, June 1st at the Camas Yacht Club Marina. More info will follow in the invitations but for those of you who are up here near Vancouver, mark your calendars:) (And for those of you down near New Orleans, I plan to bring Baby Brawley down to see all of you in early August and we will try to have some sort of "Meet the Baby" get together, so don't feel too left out!) As Traci gets more involved in planning this lovely event, she asked me where I was going to register...
Well, as some of you know, the second time around is SOOOOO much different than preparing for your first baby. I remember going into Babies R' Us over 4 years ago with that handy scanning gun and feeling completely overwhelmed. I must need all of it or else they wouldn't be selling it, right??? WRONG! Learned that the hard way after finding bottle warmers, diaper genies, and newborn toys a bunch of gimmicks! And to think I needed my stroller to match my swing to match the playpen to match the high chair! When would all of those things be next to each other anyways???:) So this time around I've thrown my pride to the side and been very lucky in begging and borrowing other moms that I know for a temporary loan of their baby stuff. I got rid of most of the essentials from Benz, not knowing if or when we'd have another child. But dear friends like Traci have been so kind to lend me just about anything and everything I need for this child's first two years of life.
So the answer to the question, "What does Melanie need for this new baby?" is a tough one. I decided that instead of registering at a baby store for items I am already borrowing, I would create my own registry with much more practical and necessary things; no store carries all of them so I made up my own list at mygiftlist.com. It's a little unconventional but has all of the things we'd really love to use on it. The direct link to it is:
http://www.mygiftlist.com/giver_main.asp?code=GUEST&buid=80110
As you can see, we are hoping for some diapers, wipes, lotion, various gift cards and some other cool things I know we will use. I just feel so blessed to have so many family members and friends welcoming this child into the world; thanks for all of you who have continued to support us on this journey!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment