Cute comment #1: Matt came home a bit early tonight and took Benz & I out shopping and then to TCBY for 99 cents waffle cone Wednesday (a dream come true for a pregnant woman):) It was nice to get out of the house for such a simple family outing. Matt dropped me off at my beloved Ross Dress for Less and took Benz to Big Lots with him. I made Matt promise not to buy any toys for Benz on this trip, as we have a birthday and Christmas just around the corner! I was able to pick out a cute maternity outfit and was standing in line when my boys came through the store's front doors. Benz came running up to me with open arms. I gave him a beloved bear hug and he put out his tiny closed hand, as if to ask me to open it. So I peeled back his fingers and there was a cheap silver band inside one of those tiny plastic bubbles that you get out of the 25 cent machines. My first thought was: "we better find the nearest trash can as most of these cheap pieces of jewelry are made in China and are laden with lead." But Benz took it out of its container, looked up at me and said "Mama, you marry me?" My heart melted and before I could reply to such a sweet and innocent thought, he slipped the band onto my pinkie finger and just smiled right back at me!! What a memory!
Cute comment #2: a few minutes later we sat down in TCBY to eat our frozen yogurt. Benz seemed to be devouring it more quickly than normal and Matt asked him if he wanted to be fat. Benz pondered the question for a moment and then replied in so many words: "Yes, please, like Santa!"


No comments:
Post a Comment