And So Are The Days Of Our Lives...

babies baby growth

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Benz, the nurse...

So I'm sad to report that I did, in fact, lose my breakfast this morning. I was feeling great last night so I decided to meet my BFF, Traci, for dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. Big mistake because I think the starchy food threw me over the edge. I went to bed feeling horrible, praying that it would digest and I would wake up feeling like a new woman. No such luck. After hugging the ceramic thrown for a while, you could not peel me off of our couch for the rest of the day. I lay there listless and just downright sick to my stomach for hours upon hours. Benz started to wonder what was wrong, and came up and laid down beside me on the couch. He rolled over and said: "Mommy owie?" And I said, "Yes, Benz. Sometimes when Mommies have babies in their tummies, it makes them feel kind of sick." You could see the wheels spinning in his head. He seemed to accept the explanation and then jumped up and began to massage my tummy. Before I knew it, he had picked up my ginger ale and was putting the straw to my lips! After taking a few sips, he carefully set it back down and picked up a Saltine cracker. With the best of intentions, he kind of forced it into my mouth, but the thought was so cute, even if half of it ended up in a pile of crumbs on the floor:) Then he ran over to Matt with a book I had bought for him called "Baby on the Way." He frantically searched for a page until he came to the part where the Mommy was feeling sick to her stomach and the author suggests that the child help Mommy by getting her crackers, fizzy water and staying real quiet. I hope this is the last time I get so violently ill over the course of the next 6 1/2 months, but if it happens again, I have the best (almost) 4-year old caretaker a person could wish for!

No comments: